Saturday, August 9, 2008

No, Not A Little Bit Longer til the Cd.....RIGHT NOW!


Yes, I am the nerd who took a pic with my Jonas cd. It is soooooo good. And you know what? I'm gonna do a review. :D


S and Lil J, please avert your eyes.


BB Good - I love love this song. Very catchy, but I don't understand the two b's. Should it not be "be be"? Cuz isn't bb like, baby? In those new fangled terms? I can never keep up with that. I mean, I barely keep up with nick names for celebs. Like, take Vanessa Hudgens. I say Hudge Pudge. Others say V, Baby V, and BBV. I don't get it. Just jump on my bandwagon please.
Oh yeah, and Joe screams. I would love to make him scream like that. Mmm-hmm.

Burnin' Up - I probably reviewed this before when it came out as the single. Nonetheless, it is awesome. Much better loud, and performed. Because those boys are Sex(sex, I tell you) when they perform it. I get all hot for Nick in this, and well, that's illegal. Like, yeah, three years, and I think it's cool between four years, but I would most definitely be arrested for kidnapping him. That really wouldn't come over well. And then I guess it would be rape, unless I found some way for him to love me. Note to self: work on that.

Shelf - This is the song I get stuck in my head the most. Very pretty. Though I wonder about the name. Because even JB calls it "Don't take my heart and put it on a shelf." It's weird to think I heard that song back before I even fell in love with them and Jenn had to tell me what song it was. I was clueless. Sigh, so innocent back then. So, unknowing. Oh snap this is going into depressing territory.
Random Side Note: I think in the Lalalala's, you can hear Kev-o!

One Man Show - I feel pretty proud to know some of the lyrics before even listening to the song fully through. Thank you commercial for Band In a Bus and phone zoo. The acoustic recording of the beginning verse that Nick did has been my ringtone for quite a while. It was definitely a shock to hear Joe sing it. Kinda took me for a loop. But a good loop. A hot loop. Those boys are good. Like, I love knowing they write all these songs themselves. My dad was pretty shocked, hopefully in a good way. I feel proud to be a fan, especially when Rolling Stone calls the cd fantastic. Now, to hear Entertainment Weekly.

Lovebug - Could I love this song anymore? I love hearing people in the background. I think my favorite moment is, "No way, John Taylor!!" Oh Kevin. And the tap dancing makes this song even more amazing. Then, it goes all rockin' out and makes it even more awesome.
Do I hear "Get off that cape?" Or "cake"? And "I lost my pencil." Such nerds.

Tonight - Very interesting mix to me. Like, it's about exhaustion and fights, yet it's pretty upbeat. Not to say that's bad. I really like it. I like it even more knowing Mr. Garbo totally helped write this. Heck yes. I think the song is better now. Though that weird thing at the beginning? That should have been left out. But I think it bothers me less than it does with other people. Whatever. Oh and Joe screams again. Yum-my. And Nick "oh-oh"s. Even fucking hotter. Go back to thoughts on BB Good. Yeah, I think there are a few of the same sentiments.

Can't Have You - Dedicated to Nicole Kidman and James Bond? Awkward. But it is cool that Nick was inspired from that "Invaders" or "Invasion" song. If Miley can be inspired from her goldfish, I guess Jonas can too. But this song is good. Not my absolute fav, but I could definitely see myself writing or thinking up scenes in my head. Which is cool. I mean, I really feel a lot of amazing emotion in this. This has to be Nick at his best. Definitely. Also, I just remembered I don't know if I reviewed Miley's cd. I think I did. Eh. If I didn't, I'm too lazy to do it now.

Video Girl - My fav song other than Lovebug. Meaghan Martin is genius as the girl in the beginning. I felt like, wow, I would so have done that. Oh well. But anyways, this is a really catchy song. I love when the pre-chorus comes on(which Nick goes into singing after Joe) and ah, it just is really a good moment. And I think I can hear Kevin too. I heard he got the inspiration for this? But that's from stupid Jonas fans I don't trust. Eh. Either way, I remember hearing this at the soundcheck before Hershey, and it was just this moment of amazing music. Despite the screaming, I fell in love with the song. So emotionally charged(it's a little brutal, but that's the way I like my boys) and raw, and well, perfect.

Pushin' Me Away - My most played Jonas song. I still love this song. When I'm pissed, this is what I listen to. It's really great. I love that little high "ah" in the bridge. Pure ecstasy for me. I love it. I've talked about this before. I'm just gonna listen.


Sorry - Melancholy. That's the first word to describe it. It's really pretty and nice, but I am pretty sick of the rumors that it's about Miley. Like, we got it. They dated. UGH. But this is really pretty. It reminds me of a little country but I guess in a good way. I am just pretty indifferent about this song. I like it, but it's not like it's incredible. It's not changing my life. Eh.

Got Me Going Crazy(or is it Got Me Goin' Crazy? We all know how 'gangsta' those JoBros are....and pretty prejudiced against the letter G) - The beginning reminds of Still in Love With You. Anyone? Anyone? Okay, maybe not. And it took me forever to remember the song. I literally had to sing half of the song to remember it, because I didn't want to switch songs, and I couldn't figure it out. But I like this song. Pretty decent. Upbeat. But it's not the best. Now I say this and I'll probably play this over and over. I don't know. But I am enjoying it. Really, there isn't a bad song. No lie. I'm pretty jealous. I want those writing skills.

A Little Bit Longer -No offense, but it's just better 'stripped' and in concert. It's pretty and all, but it doesn't get the emotion across with all the instruments and junk in the beginning. It just loses the appeal of the song. I mean, I bawled at the concert. I really had lost it then. But I feel nothing listening to it. Bleh.


Overall: A-, just for the missteps on ALBL and maybe sorry. Otherwise, perfection.

Songs I want to hear acoustic? Burnin' Up, Tonight, Pushin' Me Away, One Man Show and maybe Video Girl. I'd like to hear Lovebug, but it's already pretty acoustic to me.

Oh and Inseparable. Still holding out for that. :)

Last note: I look posessed in my pic. But I was just that happy. :)

1 comment:

Sam said...

:)
i can finally read this
finally
lol
and your so good at reviewing like i'm not even going to review i'll just be like what oh read B's haha
:)