Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Evolution/De-Evolution of a Word

Me and Finnish Spitz love the show "How I Met Your Mother." It's an awesome show, if you don't watch it. Go watch it. No, really. I'm serious. I'll beat you if you don't watch it. Jason Segel? Genius. NPH? Legen-wait for it-dary. Robin Sparkles? Um, let's go to the mall! TODAY! Ted Mosby, architect? Pfft, yeah. Lily? She's funny. haha. So please, go watch it. I'm serious. I want to hear people go watch the show, and fall in love. Because you will.

Anyways, if you've noticed, the title of the show is kinda long. Thus, we said HIMYM. Pronounced him-yim. For some time, we enjoyed our little name. No one understood when we said it. So then we'd explain it to said person, and try to sneak in an episode to get people hooked.

Then the word got ruined.

How, you ask? By people saying, "that's not how it's pronounced." And overuse and mispronounciation by a certain parental unit.

Once, it was something so special and beloved by me and Finnish Spitz, and now? It's soo fucking annoying. I miss the special times me and Finnish Spitz had with the word.

1 comment:

The Drowsy Observer said...

Stupid people, ruining our word! I love our word, but now it's like annoying to say, cuz certain people have ruined it. I shake my fist at those people! I still love the word, but not nearly as much as i used to. Damn those people!

oh and i love jason segel and nph, two best characters ever! and thank god jason segel fixed the hair situation he had going on.

spotos- what it's called after you get your picture taken with flash and you see spots.