Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Greatest Word to Come Out of Chris Martin's Mouth

Fuck.

It really was. He said it twice at the concert I attended, and I smiled like an idiot when he said that.

Alright, I guess I'll start from the beginning with the saga of the Coldplay concert.

May 16th - The day of the Q Concert. Ten o'clock. I anxiously buy tickets to the June 29th concert at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. Pretty decent seats. I go on to have a great time at the concert and scare Kevin Jonas.

June 11th - New York. I was there to see the Camp Rock Premiere. We get lost in Brooklyn, but before that I get a call from my dad. Coldplay's production crew is simply not ready to perform a concert yet. They postpone the concert to July 25th, the same day as the Jonas Brothers concert in Hershey.

June 12th-July 24t - Am wracked with decision. I blog about it a lot. But ultimately decide on the Jonas Brothers because of the cost, and the idea of a four day party with Jenn and Sam.

July 25th - I attend the Jonas Brothers concert. Have an amazing time. Never once felt guilty about not going to Coldplay.

July 26th - Bitch on Q102 rants and raves about the awesomeness of the Coldplay concert the night before. I am pissed, but the Jonas Brothers Rolling Stone magazine helps heal some of the blow.

August 11th - I check my Facebook, as per usual. A new update. Coldplay has added four new shows to their tour. I get a little excited. I read. November 1st - Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA. I scream. I also dance. My father can attest. I couldn't stop dancing. Prayers answered. :D

August 18th - I get the tickets. Section 7, Row 3. I dance some more.

November 1st - After a grueling almost six months, me and my mother head to Philadelphia. We unknowlingly pass the future loser of the Presidential race on his way to a semi-funny SNL skit.

Around 6:30 - We arrive at the stadium. Dolores, the wonderful GPS system gets us there with only one incident. Better than the previous time(April 6th, 2006 - Chris was sick, and his son Moses was born two days later. Very lucky) We pay $12 to park. I stand anxiously in a crowd, bag ready to be checked.

About 7:00 - Ticket scanned. Bag not checked.
We proceed to merch stand. My mother pushes me into people. I spend $108 on two tshirt, stickers, another poster, and a program. Then we buy Broadwalk fries. My mom slightly flirts with a black guy to get us to our seats.

7:15 - We are in our seats. Great seats. My mom and me eat the fries, then each get a cotton candy. I make sure to not have my fingers get sticky. My mom doesn't. She proceeds to get a second one. We watch as some couple get kicked out of their "seats." It's funny.

7:30 - Duffy begins her set. I scream. And piss off the people in front of me. I scream more.

Somewhere between 7:30 and 8:05 - People boo Duffy. I tell them to fuck off. I scream louder. my voice was already going. But I still tell them to shut up and I scream even louder for my girl Duffy.

7:55 - I call Finnish Spitz to play supposedly "Mercy." Wrong song. I quickly but not very quickly hang up.

8:00 - I call Finnish Spitz again, this time for "Mercy." It's an awesome song. I die.

8:45 - Coldplay plays a rap song before they come on. Only they would do that.

8:50 - Coldplay puts a classical song on. I giggle more.

9:00-ish - Coldplay comes on. I scream a lot more. The girl next to my mom also screams a lot. We go into a screaming match that she doesn't know about. To me, I win.

9:00-9:55 - Amazing concert. I'm grooving out, screaming, taking some great pics.

9:55 - Coldplay has two side catwalks. They go on the one closest to me, and proceed to get off, and walk down the aisle. I shove my way to the edge. I'm practically molesting a security woman to touch them. I'm inches away. I die. I was in the presence of greatness.

Sometime in the concert - Chris Martin reads the newspaper, congratulates the Phillies. We all erupt in screams. He dedicates a song to the Phillies. Then another, a sad one, to the Rays. He also goes off on how he was in Ohio, and there were no plumbers. They were all doing interviews and conferences. "The Hardest Part" is dedicated to Ohio's residents in need of plumbers.

10:17 - "Lovers In Japan" starts. A very awesome song. It is the new single. Download the video. I believe it's still free.

10:19 - Climax of song, confetti flies out and falls to to the crowd. It is in actuality butterflies floating down. Amazing feeling. I later collect a bunch of them.

10:25 - Coldplay takes their bow. I get the greatest fucking pic. Jonny Buckland, guitarist, is wearing a Fightin Phillies tee that I go nuts over. Chris previously wore a white shirt with a red V, like in "Viva la Vida" font. Will Champion, drummer, who sang a song in the crowd(after "The Scientist") wore a white shirt, with the number 42 on it. That is the name of the fourth song on their fourth cd.

10:28 - Longest three minutes of my life. Coldplay finally comes out for their encore. "Yellow," their first hit(but their second single off their first cd), is played. I die some more.

10:32 - The concert finally ends. I somehow still have a voice. Ah.

Thus ends my extensive delivery of one of the greatest concerts EVER. :) Pictures to come later.

2 comments:

The Drowsy Observer said...

I am like dying for some pics man!! smilie winky face.

Sam said...

lol okay since i'm so ridiculous i smiled hugely when reading about scaring Kevin at the Q-Concert lol
then i smiled when i read four day party with Jenn and Sam lol
then i smiled when i read about you winning the screaming match and telling people off. lol
so all in all i smiled at this blog alot for no reason. well there were reasons okay i'm just going to stop lol