Monday, July 7, 2008

Can't We All Just Get Along?

So, I was on youtube just now, and I was looking into audios of The Jonas Brothers' doing a cover of "Hello Goodbye." Now, I admit, Target has basically done a strategic butchering of the song. But they finally did something good with having the Jonas Brothers cover it. Finally, a decent mixup of it. I thought it was simply awesome. I mean, it was a little rockier and such, and personally I just love listening to it.

So I was reading into comments and saw that Beatles fans really hate the Jonas Brothers. They all agree that Target wrecked the song. But man, this is really divided. I mean, I don't know of many Jonas fans enjoying the Beatles, partially because the kiddies are just a little too small and annoying to enjoy the Beatles. But I personally enjoy those select few like myself that can enjoy both.

I mean, obviously the Jonas Brothers and the Beatles are on two different levels. But what I hate is how people really judge JB because they signed with Disney. THEY AREN'T ALL ABOUT DISNEY. Seriously. They had the band before Disney. Disney did not fabricate them. And naturally, JB will not reach the power of the Beatles. No one will. And if they did, well, kudos to them. But really, I do think they'll have to take a breather and reinvent themselves. Look at Hanson. They're still rocking. Look at NSYNC. Almost all of them made a comeback. It happens. If the personalities are geniune and unique and people really care for them, I truly believe there will always be an audience. I love listening to Hanson, even though I grew up. Because they grew up. I mean, I think Beatles and old school music fans do not give new artists enough credit. Just because they aren't in the golden age of music does not mean they're no good. Think about the Beatles when they started. Uh, yeah, they were loved by millions of screaming little girls. Sorry, but I think Beatles fans who judge Jonas way too early are very hypocritical. I can understand if you just don't get it but, like, at least give them a shot. You have to admit, they can be catchy. I know I got you there.

Oh yeah, sorry for the lack of posting....life is too busy. haha

No comments: