Thursday, October 2, 2008

Obama/Biden(That's Enough, Sarah Palin)

I didn't feel like doing some catchy title. Because frankly, with this debate, I mean, there was no competition. All those people can say Sarah Palin did good, but in my opinion, she rambled, and never answered a real question. She kept going back to the question before. Biden was incredible. He had specific points, and dammit, each point sliced into Palin like no other. I mean, he is a great debater. He knows what to say, and how to say it. Plus, he knows his shit. Palin doesn't. She only knows what McCain told her to say. Biden has his own mind, and knows what to say. I loved that.

So Palin needs to stop with her quaint little Alaska things. We get it, you're from Alaska. No shit man. You can see Russia from your house! Ohmigod! Do you want a medal? You betcha! Darn Heck! Joe Six Pack! Hockey Moms! What are stupid quote can I put in from Palin? Everything she said was like, uh....could you be any more stupid?

And Biden. Really. Wow. I never knew much about him, and lately it's been "Hockey Mom"-Gate, as in every one has been talking about her for the last few weeks.. But I just felt like he was an incredible debater, and was able to constantly prove his points while keeping on the question at hand. I mean, he really is so strong. When he discussed about his first wife and daughter's death, I was just blown away. He really didn't shove it down your throat, and there was this little pause, where it hit me, and tears totally came up behind my eyes. He had choked up there, and I knew that he had seen these horrors, and had been to the brink, and you know what he came back? And if a man so far down a rabbit hole of despair could get up and just, become this, well, great person, I felt proud. So proud. Proud just to support them.

And sadly, I haven't seen Obama speak, but I cannot wait. I really cannot. If Biden is just the VP and can provoke such joy and pride in my choice of a candidate, what can Obama do? I'm hoping so much more.

I know I supported Hillary. And yes, I know she lost. But I'm almost glad? Because Obama really is great. And I'm glad, no, PROUD to support him. No lie. Betcha didn't think you'd be hearing that from me, huh, Finnish Spitz? ;)

No comments: