Saturday, May 10, 2008

PlayGoth Playmates

Now, if any of you actually know me, you'll know I enjoy Playboy. Not like, enjoy. But rather, I'm a fan of the bunny. I love the show the Girls Next Door, and that bunny is just so awesome. I've been to the Playboy stores in Vegas, I've purchased a Playboy, I have numerous, numerous merchandise of the bunny, and I own every season of the GND. I loved going into Spencer's, where the perverse rejoice, and I buy my stash of Playboy. They have blankets, jewelry, purses, wallets, bar stools. You name it, you got it. This was perhaps the only store that had a lot of merchandise for the bunny. Then, Deb started selling socks. Yeah, I was cool with that. I got a ton of cheap socks. And Charlotte Russe put in some clothes, which I didn't mind, since now I could have a jacket that was Playboy without spending a hundred dollars at the PB store. And now, Hot Topic is selling stuff.
So what exactly is my beef? I mean, I love Hot Topic. I buy a ton of stuff from there. But so does every single other teen who is fake emo and pretends that no one understands them. I go in there to find random shirts and Alice in Wonderland stuff. They go in to be against the norm, when, in actuality, they are becoming the norm. So once again, why am I so mad?
Well, every stupid teenager that I hate will be wearing Playboy. I liked being one of the only. The awkward girl who wore her Playboy tshirt in pride. The one who her roommate convinced a guy that I worked for Playboy and have done "Videos." Now everyone and their loser cousin will be buying "Playboy Exposed." Um, excuse me, but how much more exposed can Playboy get? Yeah, exactly my point.
Stupid Hot Topic. Stop selling this stuff. You've turned everything that I like into something everyone else loves. And they weren't even into it when it wasn't cool! Argh. I guess Playboy will now die off like Pirates of the Caribbean, any Superhero movie, any 70s, 80s, or 90s cartoon did when they hit Hot Topic. They are really cool for like, ten minutes. And then Hot Topic kills them.
Murderers.

No comments: