Saturday, September 20, 2008

Full On Little Miss Sunshine Feelings

As dysfunctional of a family they are, I would love to be a part of this family. Because the feelings they have to each other is so strong. They felt like a real family. It wasn't six actors doing a movie, it was a family. These people devoted themselves to this films, and I fell in love. I mean, I'm watching the scene of "Superfreak" and really, you just felt that these people genuinely cared. These actors left behind whoever they were before the film, and became these characters. I mean, each character had their breakdown, and it was so genuine. So raw. I legitimately felt the emotions and as they're running into the car at the end you just feel that yeah, these people will continue to go through hell, but together, they withstand everything. The whole family was on the edge of disaster as the movie starts, and they all find their breaking point, and at the end, nothing is resolved. Nothing. Not a single thing. They're still facing bankruptcy. The uncle still is dealing with depression. Dwayne has no idea what he'll do in the future. The grandfather is dead. But you just feel like they'll be alright. They'll find a way. Because the strength between them is incredible. I just love that.

Seriously, I think every actor in this movie should have gotten an Oscar. It should have won Best Picture. Not that the Departed wasn't amazing. But really, this was the indie that could. It really was. I mean, every actor in this movie was too perfect. Sometimes you wonder with relative unknowns(I mean, Toni Collette, Alan Alda, and Greg Kinearr are, but they aren't like, super famous and they aren't being talked about a lot) and you had to wonder if this was just for Steve Carell to show he wasn't a One Trick Pony. He showed that he wasn't, but it wasn't about him. He gladly took the backlight, which I applaud.

I just love this fucking movie. WATCH IT. And then, WATCH IT AGAIN.

1 comment:

Jenn Carpenter said...

Did you just see this movie for the first time?