Monday, September 8, 2008

So Jonas Lost....

....a bunch of VMAs. Really, I don't quite care. I'm kinda happy. Shows them that they have a bunch of working up to do. But it was great for them to finally start branching up to a more adult audience.

As for Britney, I am soooo happy for her! How could I not be? I've been a fan all these years, and she has been doing music for NINE YEARS. Nick Jonas was what, six when she first came out with "Hit Me Baby One More Time"? I mean, Joe Jonas even claimed she was his first cd. I mean, they are obviously, in my opinion, honored to be in the same category. And really, I don't think the Jonas Brothers deserved to win.

Shocked, right? Well, I mean, they weren't the best there. They have six more years to get up to where Britney is. They were against heavy weights. It should be a great honor to them to be nominated and to perform. And I think to them, it feels like winning. I hope. If they are mad they won, I'll lose respect for them.

And come on, Britney Spears never fucking won a VMA. Bitch deserved one. She went to the brink of despair and finally got her life back together. I don't think I could have done that. Yeah, she had a few years where she was a mess. Can you blame her? She's been in the spotlight since like 12. She never got a real childhood, and she jumped into the marriage with K-Fed, and once she got away, she wanted to let loose. I get that. We can't condemn her for it. She's made mistakes. And I think, with her finally winning those VMAs, she's shown the world she can triumph. Over everything. Girl won a Grammy before a VMA. Kinda sad, but I think her finally winning is great. All the props to her. She deserved it.

2 comments:

Sam said...

weirdly enough i agree with you. lol i think it was good for JB to be nominated but i didn't think they needed to win, i mean if they win everything eventually they will all be stuck up snobs. so yeah.

Jenn Carpenter said...

I agree I was kinda hopeing JB wouldnt win. Just cuz they were nominated for Pop video and video of the year and though I LOVE Burning Up, there were better videos that should have one. So I didnt care that they lost.