Thursday, June 26, 2008

Get Smart and Get Your Ass To a Theater

So in an otherwise crappy day, me, Finnish Spitz, and Leon Berger(if you don't get it, you never will) went to see the kick ass movie Get Smart. For some off reason, i had my doubts about the movie. i don't know, it just didn't seem like it was gonna be laugh out loud hilarious.

Boy was I wrong.

This movie seriously made me laugh so hard. Not too much toilet humor, which was gladly appreciated(I really despise toilet humor). Steve Carell was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. He is a master at the dead face glare. Every time he did it, I busted out. I'm surprised he was able to keep a straight face, and the other people in the scene didn't bust out laughing. I wonder how many takes they had to do. Probably at least ten. And that's what blooper reels are for.

Anne Hathaway was pretty good. Not like, oh my gosh, I loved her. But more like, she was alright. I enjoyed the character and she's really pretty but I don't know. She was the straight character, so they rarely get the best material. Ah well. Maybe it's time for Devil Wears Gucci now or something.

The Rock, well, I gotta say, I really liked him. He has steadily been getting better since the Rundown(trust me, you do not wanna see that movie). He was funny, and cool, and well, I liked his character. So into himself. He really plays that kind of character well.

Masi Oka! Ah, my Heroes fix. I needed that since it's been fucking forever since that show went away. But man was he awesome. My Hiro! Haha. Gotta love him.

Lastly, Alan Arkin. Damn was he awesome! I mean, Little Miss Sunshine was hella good, and he got the Oscar for it. But this movie, he was so fucking cool.

"Are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking?"
"Well, if it was 'oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, that swordfish is gonna pierce me..."

Fucking awesome. Gosh, he is my favorite old dude actor. :)

So seriously, see the movie. So funny. I looooove it. Steve Carell and Alan Arkin are Gods. Gods, I tell you!

No comments: