Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Kevin...."

Oh, I was gonna bitch slap that little girl. I mean, here I am, showing off with my JoBro-ness, and she passes by Kevin. ARGH. "At least I can still marry Alex from Naked Brothers Band." Seriously, that girl had issues. Like, she knew nothing. "Ha, I have an autograph and so-and-so doesn't." God, it's a magazine. Get over it.


Then it kind of hit me. I felt like a real fan then and there. I don't like them for their looks(that's a perk though) I like them for their music. They're musicians first and foremost, not Disney stars. But to little girls, they're the same as the Naked Brothers Band. I mean, the only thing those two have in common is they are bands and they're brothers. That's it. The writing is on two very different levels. And it truly sucks that the Jonas Brothers are trying to be legitimate artists, but got lost along the way. I don't blame them at all, Hollywood Records basically was the greatest thing to happen to them. But they also chose Disney because they care(someone pointed out that Plain White T's are on Hollywood and you don't see them on Disney) but Disney really just took them and ran. I mean, there are two very different fans. Not old fans and new fans. The younger, tween fans, and the REAL fans. The fans that will love their music and continue to listen to them years later(I know I will. I always do that). Once Disney has had their way with them, they'll still have a really loyal fanbase. Which makes me proud to say I'm an older, mature Jonas Brothers fan. Because when it's all said and done, it's about the music, and only the music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so so so true!
the jonas brothers are so on a complete different level than all those other little teeny bopper boy bands. and we are true fans.
we love them for their music.
their music has helped me through many things. just listening to the lyrics is like feeling all my fears and worries slip away.
it's just a bonus that they are gorgeous, and nice, and innocent and wonderful.
you don't get those qualities often.
and we will be with them through it all. cause we are real fans.
:)
PS you should have slapped her! she deserved it.
lol