Monday, June 16, 2008

Let's Make Me More of a Commitment-phobe

So, I know I don't have a shot in hell, but Kevin Jonas wants to marry young. When I read that, I was like, woah, turn off. I mean, 21? 20? That's fucking young. Like, he can't seriously think he's gonna get that done. Disney is probably having a shit-fit. Like I would think they were on contract to not marry until they were not popular. I mean, he turns 21 in November(why do I know that?) and seriously, they'll still be big. I know it. It's like, I doubt he'll find true love in that time. Unless he like, saw me. I'll try. But whatever.

Either way, that whole thing kinda freaked me out. Seriously, I haven't even had a boyfriend. I can't even put myself out to like, go on a date. Or even get a number. Or even smile at a boy and flirt. I just am weird. I'm pretty content with the way I am. I can't even see myself with a boy. I think I am way too picky. And the fact that some people want to marry in like, two years time scares the shit out of me. I mean, no offense, but to me, now, that is tying myself down. Like, what the fuck Kevin Jonas? Live a little. You're not a fucking Puritan. Or are you? Oh shit.

Like, yeah I know that when true love strikes, I'll want to be with that person forever. But marriage just means the start of a new life. I would much rather prefer to live with this guy like, for three years before actually marrying. Kind of like my sister. She met her husband when she was in college. Dated him til like, maybe six years ago? And he proposed to her on Christmas Eve. She was 24 when she got married; he was like 28. My brother was 26 when he married. I would much more prefer to be able to just live life without marriage hanging over me with this person. A test out. Like, seriously, at 21, you're just able to drink. You've just fully matured, and usually, that hasn't even happened. I personally think that my appetite for Kevin Jonas has fully disappeared. It really has. Like, the fact that he thinks he'll find true love in less than a year and marry? Ha. Any girl who has a good style to them would need at least a year to prep for the wedding. I mean, yeah, he seems like a true romantic. But maybe I'm just being cynical. Once I find my first boyfriend and think it's it true love, maybe I'll see the same thing that Kevin does. I am just too cynical now. Ah well.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Aww
just give him sometime
he will realize that his dream of marrying young is not happening anytime soon
poor guy
:)